CORNWALL CHRISTMAS BOX 2020
CHRISTMAS DINNER IN A BOX!
DONATE FOOD FOR A FAMILY OF 4 – 6 TO CELEBRATE THIS CHRISTMAS
Christmas Dinner in a box for the poorest families in Cornwall.
Each box contains enough food for Christmas dinner with all the extra little goodies, treats like mince pies and biscuits, and of course Christmas pudding – which all go to make up a feast for a family in need.
Due to storage and distribution limitations we can’t accept fresh food but there are plenty of good things to eat that can still be included.
A typical box costs around £30-£40 but you can share the cost by getting together with friends, neighbours and colleagues to fill a box together.
The boxes will be distributed by Cornwall Council’s ‘Children’s Early Help, Social Care and Psychology Service’ team and some Children’s Centres to families in need. Other local charities working with disadvantaged families also took delivery of some boxes, to help the people they are working with – in Penzance, St Ives and Newquay.
HERE’S WHAT TO DO
- Print out the checklist (Click here to download a PDF of the list)
- Get shopping! Make sure that everything you buy for the box will still be in date at Christmas.
- Cover a close-able cardboard box in Christmas paper – we need it to have proper close-able portions that fold over so we can transport the boxes more easily!
- Tick off each item on the checklist as you put it into the box. You can add other items too, but we need to be clear – no alcohol, and we’d prefer nothing breakable either.
- Drop it off at one of the drop-off points, so there’s plenty of time to get them to the people who need them before Christmas. Please get your boxes to you collection point by the 11th December 2020